Self Assigning Ip Address?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by macwannabe77, Dec 4, 2007.

1. macwannabe77 macrumors member

macwannabe77

Hi! I am a new Macbook owner. My wireless internet worked great at home, but at work I can not get connected. Airport is telling me that it had to self assign my IP address and my not be able to get onto the internet. My coworker's PC is connecting to the same internet just fine. I've tried tweaking some things but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Self-assigned IPs are what you get when the DHCP doesn't respond. Does your work filter by MAC address? You should really be talking to your network admin, not us.

3. macwannabe77 thread starter macrumors member

macwannabe77

I work for a small company, the wireless is setup like it is at home, no security clad network. I guess I'll have to call the service provider. Thanks anyway

4. Anasti macrumors newbie

hi wannabe77, there's another thread in this forum with 30 plus posts on the same subject. I have the same problem when working in 2 offices in 2 different countries. PC's connect OK, my Mac (10.5.1 OS) cannot.

There are a few suggestions in there that might help so it's definitely worth reading.

Seems like you're not alone.