Self Controling

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by josey3738, Sep 8, 2013.

1. josey3738 macrumors newbie

I have an older Ipod Touch that has stopped working correctly. The battery will not stay charged. I can charge it AFTER and only after I restore it. It will only charge with a computer not an actual plug in.

When it finally gets charged, it will work but it will touch the screen itself. I can go to the home screen and it will always take me to the exact same spot every time.

Anyone have and ideas about this and what I can do to help correct it.

Thanks

Josey

2. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Somehow I read, iPod Touch, self control and quite misinterpreted this whole thread.

3. josey3738 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Andy-UK macrumors newbie

If you bought it from an Apple store you could try taking it back and asking them to change the battery for you. I had something similar happen with my 1st gen. iPod Nano; at the time Apple charged something like £30 here in the UK (about $50) for a battery replacement but rather than open up my iPod and change the battery, they gave me a whole new refurbished unit. OK, I had to pay for the battery replacement so it wasn't free but I've still got the iPod now so when Apple fixes something for you it tends to stay fixed.