Self inflicted backlightbleeding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by J3ffry, Mar 7, 2013.

1. J3ffry macrumors member

Ik got this shiny nice rMBP and to protect my screen I got an Moshi iVisor Pro. The most unfortunate thing happened during application.

I got some clinical OCD so I pressed too hard on the bezel to secure it in place. Now on the bottom you can see the pattern of LEDS shining trough. **** a duck!

So a warning for those using screenprotectors (people I suppose are being more prone to OCD), watch it and don't push it to hard, or you end up manipulating you're own screen!

I guess I little stupid to ask, but is there a way it will go back to original state through time?

Greets,
    Jeffrey

2. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Yikes! You must have pushed really hard. Can you post some pics?

Are you sure the backlight bleeding wasn't there from the start?

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Why people persist on screen protectors, and shrink wrapping their Mac`s is beyond me, especially for a notebook, it`s not like you are using the display surface to interact with the computer. Get over your OCD and use the computer for what actually it`s intended. I travel globally and all I use is a sleeve and a good bag and all my Mac`s are in great shape, all five of them :)

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's what I was thinking when I first read this thread. Why put a screen protector on a non touch screen? It's not an iPad.

5. J3ffry thread starter macrumors member

I did press it real hard I guess... The solid and robuust feel of the computer somehow messed with my guess how strong the screen really is. But it is stupid though and it is solely because of my OCD I messed this thing up, however I give this warning to everybody because I think there are people out there who should be able to manage the same effect the "natural" way. Like removing it/applicate it more often, etc.

The reason why I got one is because I use the computer for DJing and people behind the booth (especially girls ;() always tend to touch the screen. Cleaning of the bare screen takes me alot of time because of my OCD.

Greets

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

It`s just glass and cleans easily, personally i would get over the OCD and focus on the girls :p

Any computer in the working environment, outside of a pristine office is going to pick up a scratch or two here and there, what`s important is the value and or revenue the system brings. Use your Mac`s don't venerate them they are fantastic tools, tougher than some think. I am all for looking after your stuff, equally some just go to extremes just don't go there it`s just a downward spiral; there`s more to life ;)

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why are pressing on the bezel to install a screen protector. Mine just clings onto the glass without any issues.

As for those wondering why I use a screen protector… a lot of people like to touch my screen to indicate somethings and more than often they point with a pen.

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

I have many laptops with a glossy glass over display and they SUPER easy to clean. In fact they are much easier than a matte finish screen. I just use a clean T-Shirt and dampen a small area with warm water. I clean off the screen with the damp area then dry it clean. It never leaves any streaks. It's real easy. :)

9. Queen6, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Then tell them to stop :rolleyes: