Selfies with the 6 plus

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Been playing with the 6 plus and one thing I find awkward is taking selfies which is a big part of my social activity. Not sure if it's the height that makes phone feel less secure or not being able to wrap hand around and get the thumb to press he shutter. Anyone having success taking selfies with the 6 plus? Feel feel to post pics.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Lol, I didn't know Siri even did that.

I realized you could use your left hand and left thumb to trigger the shutter with the volume button vs. trying to reach for the digital button which is more awkward.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Been playing with the 6 plus and one thing I find awkward is taking selfies which is a big part of my social activity. Not sure if it's the height that makes phone feel less secure or not being able to wrap hand around and get the thumb to press he shutter. Anyone having success taking selfies with the 6 plus? Feel feel to post pics.

Thank God, maybe will reduce the number of selfies on Instagram

Sparkeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Indiana
Ok do you want your cake and eat it too?

:D Just kidding. I hate selfies with a passion so the furthest I tried was "Siri I want to take a Selfie"

I like cake I think the best way is to use the self timer so you can make sure you're cute and not awkwardly trying to handle your giant phone. Lol

----------

But you know, I think this is all a ploy to get people to post their selfies

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
I take a lot of "selfies" with myself and my fiancé, when we go out we have no one to take our picture . I think the 6+ is actually a lot easier to take selfies with. On my 5 I would miss the digital button more times than not , and when I tried using the volume button my pics always came out kind of blurry. With the 6+ I use the volume button and it's much easier to hold and I have been getting clear shots

Hexaea

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2008
Chicago
I'm already used to taking two handed selfies for stability anyway. Won't have my plus till Monday but I can't imagine it'll be too bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.