Selig says Arod shamed bball

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. TSE macrumors 68030

Agreed. Selig is a douche, not only did he not make enough restrictions, there is enough evidence around that he knew about everything all along and just used steroids for ratings, basically.

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Agreed Selig is a hypocrite and the only way he got a system in was cause he was pretty much forced to by Congress

4. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Selig's got some balls saying that. He looked the other way while players everywhere were juicing and bringing in record revenues for the owners.

There are no angels in this whole sad saga. None.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is he shamed about Bonds or Mcguire? I didn't hear him denounce Bonds for breaking the all time home run record.

And you mean to tell me that for the 6 years the list has been out that he didn't know A-Rod was on it.

6. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Bob Costas has the right idea: this is the steroid era. All records are separate/asterisked.

I am crushed that my favorite player was juicing.

I'm completely over major league baseball.

:(

7. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

I don't see any of baseball's records ever getting asterisked. The balance between pitcher and hitter has always ebbed and flowed in the sport for a multitude of reasons. Batters used to hit .400, pitchers used to start 50 games and get 30 wins, sometimes the league leader in home runs would barely scrape double figures, sometimes you get extreme "hitters' years" like 1930 and 1987, sometimes you get extreme "pitcher's years" like 1968.

All I can say is one of the most well-known cheaters in baseball history, Gaylord Perry, was a convincing and relatively non-controversial pick for the Baseball Hall of Fame. So it will be in time for the best players caught up in this whole steroids mess. I just want to see MLB establish firm, clear rules about chemical enhancements and put some teeth into their enforcement. Of course, some players will find a new way to cheat the system eventually...

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. But unfortunately, the players union will fight this tooth and nail.

9. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Get rid of A-Rod. Take back all his earnings from the point of Steroid use until now, and any money he may have made as a result of investing those earnings. It's not like lack of enforcement makes using steroids any less shamefull - it just shows certain peeps don't have self control.

Then go after Selig. Boundaries and rules should be enforced nonetheless; If you're going to make a rule, stand by it from the start.