Sell 15" cMBP 2012 for 13" MBA 2013

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SimplyBilly, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SimplyBilly macrumors newbie

Hey, I need advice on what I should do. As the title explains it, I currently have a 2012 15 inch MacBook Pro. I originally wanted an air at the time of my purchase, but decided to go for the pro because I play games like; WoW, LoL, DotA 2 etc.

Now that the 2013 airs have the intel hd 5000 graphics and people are reporting some of the games I play at decent fps, I kinda want to get an air now. If I were to get an air it would be the i7, 8gig, 256gb variant. My current MBP is the base model 15 inch, it still has apple care till September, but the bottom case has scratches due to my dads coffee table.

I was wondering should I just keep my MBP or should I sell it and get the new air. If I were to sell it what would be a reasonable price. Thanks for reading, sorry for the wall of text

2. Brandon263 macrumors 6502

Can't advise you on price but I would definitely upgrade for portability and battery life. The games you outlined should play fine on the native resolution of the Airs.

3. schlaufox macrumors regular

I can't say much about it, but I noticed someone saying that LoL didn't perform very well on the new Airs, so you may want to look into that.

4. SimplyBilly thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I think I'm going to get the air. Just have figure out how much I should sell my MacBook Pro, kinda worried cause of the scratches on the bottom, but they're superficial...

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

What are the specs on your MBP?

6. SimplyBilly thread starter macrumors newbie

2.3ghz i7 quad core processor, 4 GB of ram, 500 GB harddrive, intel hd 4000 graphics with nvidia gt650m dedicated graphics.

7. technowar macrumors 6502

'13 13" MBA would be perfect for you, though your gaming experience will change a bit.

Anyways, what does c means in cMBP of the title?

8. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

Yeah the new Airs are sweet. I'm tempted myself. Check completed sales on eBay to see what you can expect to get if you sell yours.

9. SimplyBilly thread starter macrumors newbie

Classic =P