Sell 6 Plus to get SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Mar 21, 2016.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

So guys I'm in a pickle. This new SE has peaked my interest.

Currently on a 6 Plus - replaced once as the home button stopped working, this one has a creaky screen, but I was just gonna hold out till the 7. Not the 7 Plus, as I find the phablet a little unwieldy.

But then the SE has been announced, and it's essentially a 6S. I could sell my current 6 Plus - my mother likes and it isn't bothered by the creaky screen - and get the SE off contract. And that one would fit in my pocket.

My only reservations are regarding the screen size and resolution, and what major upgrades the 7 will have. Also are we assuming it's 2GB RAM, and the 6S aluminium?

So do I wait and see what the 7 offers, or is it most likely just gonna be the 6S with a new body? Thanks!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

the rumors for the 7 are the same design as the 6S with less antenna bands and slightly thinner, better camera, cpu, gpu, etc. No headphone jack, stereo speakers. If you want the latest and greatest, wait. If you want a small phone, buy now.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm in the same situation in terms of getting rid of my 6+ for the SE. I really miss the smaller form factor.

4. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

do whatever makes you happy today.

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I hate the size of my 6S Plus so it's a no brainer to sell it and "upgrade" to the SE.

6. laurianne9 macrumors newbie

laurianne9

I have a 6S plus and I am really considering selling it and getting the iPhone SE. I think the 6S plus is too big for me and the iPhone SE really appeals to me. I had a iPhone 5 and I loved that phone but I was stupid and bought the 6S plus. If I do I am getting the rose gold one...

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Not long ago, a lot of people wanted a larger phone. What happened ? :)

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I may pick one up to use as a secondary or backup, but first I need to sell some of my other phones. I also doubt I'd use this as a daily driver since I don't like anything with less than a 5.5" display since using a Nexus 6. Putting up with the 4.7 on my iPhone 6 right now is sometimes a struggle.

9. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

They bought the newer bigger phones and are happy?

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

U will suffer big time from battery life.

The real reason to get the plus model is the battery life.

I don't care what apple claims how efficient the a9 processor is. The 5S had so so battery life. Now they want to put a more powerful processor a9 in there?

11. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

People want a bigger screen and 2GB but not necessarily a physically bigger phone. A bigger screen on the 5SE with less bezel would be ideal assuming it has 2GB.

12. catean macrumors regular

I can't wait for the 31st to move from my big ugly 6S.

13. mantan macrumors 68000

I'd bet the majority of people who got a 6 or 6+ were happy with the size. There are some who liked the smaller form factor (My 18 year old daughter is one - her hands are too small to use the 6 with one hand like the 5.)

Apple is doing the right thing by giving customers a choice. And I applaud them for not making a 'watered down' device for the SE. Other than the 128 gig option, it seems like it's largely the same as the 6s.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

If people went for the Plus version and not the regular one, seems like they specifically wanted a larger screen as that is basically the main difference between the two, so it seems kind of odd to then want not just a slightly smaller version, as in going down to the regular one, but to want a much smaller version going down to SE.