sell 9800 card with my MDD or seperately?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kissaragi, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Nov 16, 2006
    Im going to be selling my single 1ghz MDD powermac soon, at the moment i have a 9800 pro installed. Do you think i should put the Geforce 4mx back in and sell the 9800 separately to get some more money out of my system?
  2. scttwtkns macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2007
    Perhaps you could sell your Geoforce 4mx. What are the specs for it? I have a dual g4 533 with an older geoforce 2 card (32 megs) and I'm looking for a slight upgrade without paying alot for a new card.
  3. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Sep 15, 2006
    Stuck beween a rock and a hard place
    About a year ago I had a maxed-out G4 system- Gigadesigns Dual 1.8 CPU upgrade, 9800 Pro, SIIG 4-channel SATA, Crucial RAM, bells, whistles... I found that no one really wanted to get the whole system, and were rather willing to try to upgrade whatever machines they already had. I ended up getting more money for the parts than I would have for the whole thing. I think the video card sold for $150. I'd probably sell them separately.
  4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    I'd sell the 9800 separately. The demand is very high for it and the GeForce 4 MX is a good card for the MDD as it is.
  5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    I dunno, the GeForce 4MX is a very weak card (significantly slower than the GeForce 3), while the 9800 is a powerful'll probably make more money by selling the card separate, though it is more of a hassle.

If I was buying an MDD I'd want a 9800 Pro or better in it anyway; the first thing that would gett tossed would be the crappy old GeForce 4MX. ;)
  6. Kissaragi thread starter macrumors 68020

Nov 16, 2006
    Ill take the 9800 out and sell it separately then, thanks guys