Sell before new launch: Extend warranty with AppleCare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2contagious, Jun 12, 2011.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

I am planning on getting the new iPhone as soon as it's out and I was wondering if I should extend the warranty of my iPhone 4 by a year before the time runs out (in a few days). Do you think it is worth it when the intention is to sell it in a few months? .. or is it financially of no interest? (not buying apple care, selling the iphone 4 without warranty vs. buying apple care and selling the iphone 4 with warranty)

see you,
    chris.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

many are asking this question, please search.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

it will definitely give the buyer piece of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong with the phone, he can take it in a get and brand new looking replacement.

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't do anything just yet.. We don't even know if a new iphone is coming out in the next couple of months... As far as we know it could be next summer...

James

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I would buy it and take it into consideration when setting the selling price. It would be awful to have something break a few months from selling it. Also, you mention new launch in the title but if you're referring to a new iPhone that may not be just a few months away. ;)

Thanks for taking time to contribute to the forum and congrats on raising your post count by one.