Sell current MBP for new model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiRealms, Feb 24, 2011.

1. MultiRealms macrumors newbie

I currently have the Macbook Book Pro Beginning 2010 edition - here are its specs:
    I personally enjoy technology I have loved it since I was little and now too, only the I hate about it is that it advances way too fast.

Since I love technology a lot i do multiple activies from:
    Photo Editing, 3D Animation, Coding (windows from bootcamp),gaming, and primarily Movie Editing.

Now i love my macbook pro for movie editing and all those sorts of projects but the only bad thing is that I have almost finished using all space in my harddrive and sometimes i use my 60gb SSD, I've also considered deleting my Boot Camp but i have too much valuable coding.

Now I've done some homework on this and calculated that I can sell my mbp for about $1400-1650 and even more if supply some of my programs i've bought in years.

Now reason why I want to do this is because of Thunderbolt.

I understand how it's a new I/O and all that but the speeds on the HD/SDD's and streaming capabilities just was way too good, I also understand how there isn't any devices for it yet but I can wait a couple of months.

Ive been thinking is the Quad-Core i7 really a bigger diff. than the i7? As well as the Nvidia 450gtu compared to the AMD Radeon 6750 Graphics?

That's really it, I just want to hear where you guys think.. should i sell my mbp or keep it?

2. kendrickhphoto macrumors member

Well I bought the 2010 17" 2.8 i7 less than 2 weeks ago. I put in my 8 GB of ram and my 240 GB SSD and it got at the highest a 6600 on my geekbench test. I put the same ram and SSD into the 2.2 i7 and i got 11078 so for me there was a pretty big difference.

3. MultiRealms thread starter macrumors newbie

nice so it is significantly faster - is there any devices for Thunderbolt yet?

Also is there a way to test the graphic card difference, I read somewhere that the old 2010 nvidia 330m is 40% faster than the AMD Graphic 4490m and that the AMD Graphic 4750m was better but used more of the GPU