Sell early 2011 13 MBP for late 2011 model?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Waffl3s, Oct 30, 2011.

  1. Waffl3s macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2011
    #1
    I am considering selling my stock early 2011 13" Macbook Pro with 8GB ram and getting the recently upgraded 13" so I can avoid having to buy Applecare.
    I figured I could sell my MBP for $900. I only paid $1,077 for my current MBP and was planning on buying another one when I can find it for $1100 or less.

    Do you guys think this is smart or a waste of money? Thanks
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    Not only are you wasting your money, you're wasting your time.
     
  3. palpatine macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #3
    yep. waste of money and time. don't forget about tax, gas (unless you live inside the apple store), etc. are you really saving money?
     
  4. ExnomenDei macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    #4
    Not to mention, as well, that eBay sells AppleCare for less.
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    Waste of money, you cannot save money by selling a fairly new computer for a brand new computer just to avoid spending $$ for applecare
     
  6. heyloo macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2006
    Location:
    NY
    #6
    Another vote for waste of money... I'd say hold onto your computer until next year and swap it out when the new model comes out. Your current MBP will hold value until then :) The bump with the 13" isn't significant anyway...so I'd say hold for now..
     
  7. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

    Gator24765

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2009
    Location:
    Texas
    #7
    might as well wait till 2012 model.. this isnt a huge upgrade..
     
  8. Nick McEnjoy macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2011
    #8
    Agree.
     

Share This Page