sell first gen iphone in europe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pattman247, Aug 18, 2008.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

Okay so i have two offers for my first gen used iphone for $1550, 1000 euros lol, which seems like alot of money and im gonna do it but I need to know what problems can arise for having this phone in Europe. Is the edge connection compatable with European cellular networks? It might not be a problem and if its not I will be one happy fellow, since i only bought it for 300 :rolleyes:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

From someone that ALMOST sold an item from eBay to someone in London, England, I would never do it again. They sent a fake email (saying the money was on hold in my account) from paypalcustomerservice@ultimateemail.com and once I confirmed that the money wasn't in my PayPal account, I stopped the shipment and had it returned to me. PayPal was the one that told me to stop shipment. Also, had a neighbor that received a check (fake) and he was out $1500 for two iPhones. Just be careful...:eek:

3. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

oooh i know very well not to do international shipping, I had a couple of close encounters myself. But I am currently in Poland and I have an offer on craigslist from someone close by. It is very ligit since we're gonna meet in person, and it's not that outrageous to pay more than a grand on a quality phone, since europeans hate contracts and don't want to be tied down for 2 or more years. I am just wondering if it will full work, even though it isn't 3g and edge is a American thing.