Sell higher-end 2009 13" MBP for new base model 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ann P, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Ann P macrumors 68020

I have a co-worker who is wanting to buy my 2.53GHz 13" MBP for $1100. With the education discount I am able to purchase the new base model 13" MBP for $1200, including all taxes. I am very keen with the claimed 10 hours battery life. Is it worth it? All comments welcomed. :)

2. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Processor on the new computer is a tad slower, but you won't notice it.
    If you are ok with losing $300 on the computer, for the meager upgrades, then go ahead. EDU price is 1100, if you can wait until the end of may/early june you can get a free ipod.

And don't forget, they also give you a free printer.

The real world differences in battery life are probably only an hour or so. I am running a SSD and just unplugging my laptop it says 3 hours, I have everything except bluetooth on, and on the new computer I'd expect like 4 hours like this. Crank the brightness to 1 and maby you will see 7-8 normal use. If you shut everything off and read an ebook maby you will get the 10 hours. I've gotten some pretty amazing times just reading a book. If you get the new computer, you will be future proofed for maby another couple of months.
    Yet you will be getting a NEW computer, for little to no cost to you, that's always nice.

3. JNickyJJ macrumors member

well unless battery life is really key for you, is there much point? as you will be downgrading[​IMG] that being said, a newer computer will be nice

4. mike8717189 macrumors member

for a 100. I would jump on it, better battery, video card, some very impressive number from tests that have been done and it will be brand new with new warraty machine. I would wain too long and just get it.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Good points mike8717189. For $100, as long as you don't mind the slightly slower CPU, a faster GPU and better battery life plus extended warranty are a good deal in my book. :)

6. mike8717189 macrumors member

let us know if you went throught withthis deal and your thoughts on new MacBook pro!

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Wow, what are you using? Because my aluminum MB will give me 3.5-4 hours easy after a year of use and it only has a 5 hour battery.