Sell iMac get NEW MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kobefan234, Nov 2, 2008.

1. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I had the new MBP but I returned it because of a dead pixel and got my money back. Now I have this 24-inch iMac that I have had for awhile and I was wondering if I should sell and get the New MBP again.The high end MBP with 2.8ghz 4GB RAM and SSD? Is it worth the upgrade? New iMacs I heard are coming out later anyways so why not??

Help would be appreciated!

2. south8212 macrumors 6502

just a quick word of advice, if you are going to do this i would get on it before the new model comes out. Resale prices will drop for sure when this happens.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

It all comes down to what degree of portability you need. If you don't need portability I would say keep the iMac. I have both, and would much rather use the 24'' inch screen than a 15'' one.

4. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

If you sell your iMac for the MBP then when you're ready get the Cinema display instead of the new iMac and save some money. Just an idea. Hard to suggest anything not knowing how you use your equipment or what you need it for.

5. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I need portability. And yes I need to sell this fast before the update!

Thanks for the advice!

6. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

Ha no new products until Macworld 09!!!!! Plenty of time to sell my iMac!!!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::

7. blurfonz macrumors regular

Wait no more before the new one comes up and it would be harder to sell it later.

Or keep botH! :)

8. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I would love to keep both buri am not that rich. lol

9. ftbps macrumors member

How much are you selling it for? what is your specification. Get back to me if selling?

10. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

Lucky! I am jealous :(

11. AquaMethod macrumors member

I'd definitely sell it. You can always hook your MBP up to an external display, but you can't lug your iMac with you. I think notebooks as primary machines makes a lot of sense unless you're a very serious gamer or are using it chained to a desk in a production environment. Even then, the MBP has vastly superior graphics over the iMac, and it's really easy to upgrade. If I had it to do all over again, I'd only buy notebooks.

12. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Must Agree...

Until I owned my own Macbook I wouldn't have understood what AquaMethod was talking about. It's so, so, so, different with a Mac... once you own that first notebook everything changes. My husband uses our iMac much more than I do and I was always the one chained to the desk in my PC life... and I even had a little Dell notebook. But it's different now, very liberating and I love the freedom.

13. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

This is exactly what I did... sold my original 2.4ghz 24" iMac for $1200 and got the MBP. Couldn't be happer... well, that is until I have the new 24" LED Display on my MBP! :D