iPad Sell ipad 4 and buy ipad mini retina ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coco67, Oct 18, 2014.

1. coco67 macrumors member

Hi,

i'm planning to change my ipad 4 16go for an mini retina, it's juste 299$ and 266$ on the refurb for 16go.

I still under ios 6.1.3 with my ipad 4 and i'm happy with the battery life (about 14h-16h usage with lot of skype/web browsing/movie and maximum of 25% brightness)

I'm affraid of 2 things with mini retina, the screen tint and the battery life.
    Could you tell me if there still are ipad mini retina with tint issue ?
    What's about the battery life ?

Can i use my ipad to phone call and send/receive SMS by 3G with my iphone 4S ?

Thanks

2. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

If you are interested in buying obsolete products, by all means purchase a mini. You are Tim Cook's ideal customer.

3. iceperson macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure he'd prefer you to buy the newest one with the awesome $3 thumbprint reader for $100 more...

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm using a mini 2 now, can you explain how it is obsolete? I haven't had ANY lag on this thing ever. Games load and run quickly. It gets excellent battery life. It could have been upgraded to A8 but they want you to buy the Air 2, obvious. That doesn't make the mini worse than it was, which it wasn't.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Mini 2 is hardly obsolete. It is still currently manufactured, sold, and supported by Apple, and is still plenty powerful enough to run the latest OS. It is 99.9% identical to the very latest offering in the Mini range. It couldn't be further from obsolete.

/drama

6. dantracht macrumors 6502

dantracht

Hang onto the iPad you have. It's a great tablet.

7. coco67 thread starter macrumors member

The fact is now, i have an PC at home, i'm planning to sell it and buy a laptop and so the ipad 4 will be less used.
    I prefer a smallest ipad to read, web surfing on the bed for example, which i didn't do now with ipad 4.

For now, i use ipad 4 when i'm at work, never at home.

8. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

The mini retina is a great device and the mini 2 is selling at a reduced price. I have an LTE model and while I don't make phone calls on it, it does send and receive texts,alongside my phone.