Sell iPad and iPhone 4s for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NiKeZz, Sep 13, 2012.

1. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I've got an iPad 3 that I purchased via pre-order through Apple.com and I'm contemplating selling it and my iPhone 4s for the iPhone 5. What do you think of my idea? Is anyone else out there in the same boat?

2. OSMac macrumors 65816

3. flameproof macrumors 6502a

flameproof

IMHO it's pointless to upgrade the 4s to 5. I have a 4 and may think about a new phone in 2014. For me there is no new function in the 5 that is personally useful to me.

PS: Correct, I am not a must-have-the-latest-whatever-the-cost-is person.

4. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

No way in the world I would do that. Love my 4S and iPad 3. There is nothing I want that the iPhone 5 offers, nothing!

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

iphone 5 is not for me I am happy with iPhone 4s and iPad 2. I will wait for iPad 4 and iPhone 5S/6 next year. :apple:

6. dancj macrumors 6502

You'd be crazy to that - even if it was an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2.

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Hell yeah. That's what I'm using right now!

8. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

That is an absolute Foolish Idea !! I would never ever, ever get rid of (Both the devices) an iPad (Jeez how can you treat an iPad-3 so humilatingly :) and an iPhone even though a genreation older for a iPhone 5. Unpardonable Crime !! THAT IS INSANE !! PERIOD !!

9. chokem macrumors 6502

I've got an ipad3 and a 4S and there's no way in hell I'd sell them both for an i5. I'm assuming you don't have a current upgrade, and are chomping at the bit for the 5. If anything, I'd sell the 4S, put some cash with it and buy one. I would not sell my ipad3, you asked and that's my take. Good luck.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

What benefit is this? You would give up your iPad for an extra 0.5" inches of screen and LTE? Hell, I've been thinking of ditching my iPhone for a crap phone and getting a $30/month MyFi because I'm sick of paying $80/month for mostly data service.

11. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Unless you don't use your iPad often enough, the extra half an inch screen size of the iPhone 5 will not replace the functionality of BOTH devices.

Keep what you have and stay on the "S" train of iPhone upgrades. That is my opinion.

12. iBrody macrumors 6502

Last time I went from the 4 to the 4S and was disappointed at the small changes and wished I hadn't bothered upgrading.

Unless you are going from 3G to a guaranteed 4G signal, then personally, I wouldn't bother with the upgrade.

If someone offered my an iPad 3, or the chance for a new iPhone 5 if I gave up my 4S then I would def choose the iPad.

13. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

I mean what pisses me is, how do people not realise this the iPad-3 it is such an wonderful device. It is a Fantastic device, it truly is !!

14. applepink07 macrumors newbie

applepink07

No I wouldn't do that, maybe you can just sell your iPhone 4s and upgrade to iPhone 5 unless you don't need the iPad anymore

15. toondw macrumors 6502

Well i sold my ipad 3 and iphone 4s to put funds to a iphone 5......oh and a retina MBP! ;) got 600 pounds to put towards my new toys, i found i was only using the ipad for surfing and netflix, lovely device, cracking screen but not worth it for me to keep.

16. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

I would trade you an iPhone 5 for your iPad 3 and iPhone 4S...lol

17. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do...lol

18. Dkorda macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 pricing will drop in time. Always does.. Can you wait a bit?

19. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

Don't sell them! I don't think the 4s- 5 is worth the unlocked price upgrade. The only notible differences is a little speed increase and the screen size, the camera is even the same. Keep you devices and upgrade to the 5S/6

20. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I never said it wasn't a great device. It just doesn't fit to my workflow, or I'm not using it right?

----------

I appreciate all of your inputs. I've decided to hold off for a while, it was more of a want than a need. I don't hate the iPad, but between my work computers w/ my job and my home Macbook Pro it rarely gets used. It's a beautiful device and I wish I could find something that would make me want to keep it, but I just haven't found one yet. My iPhone however stays in my hand 95% of the day. Work, work and more work.

21. JTA60288 macrumors member

I still have my iPhone 4 that I've had since launch day in 2010. Honestly, it's still running like a champ and I have no plans to upgrade in the near future. An iPad would be nice for me to have because it's something light I can carry around campus, but the mini looks like a false rumor so I'm not sure when I'll be buying an iPad. My point is, if you already have an iPhone and iPad both in good condition, don't be quick to upgrade unless there's a new feature that you absolutely must have.

22. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

You really would give a perfectly fine tablet and smartphone for a new smartphone that is just a bit better? Thats crazy. You might as well throw in your computer into this crazy choice.

23. bristoldude macrumors newbie

The only main difference between the iPhone 4S and 5 is the better front facing camera, 4" screen, amd the 4G capability.

Everything that is on the iPhone 5 software wise will be coming to the iPhone 4S in iOS 6 - for example, the panoramic photo feature will be - that is not exclusive to the iPhone 5.

Keep your current iPhone and iPad! :)

24. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Selling the iPad, yes. Getting iPhone 5, no.
    I sold my iPad 3 and got ultra book a d there is nothing iPhone 5 brings over 4s. If anything iPhone 5 pushed me to really consider S3...