Sell iPad App, Anyone know how too?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dlewis23, May 20, 2010.

1. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to sell one of my iPad apps, I don't mean sell on iTunes but sell the app out right and let them take over running and developing it.

Does anyone know what the best way to go about doing this is?

I have looked at several websites that would be good for selling a website, but they are not setup well for selling a iPad app.

Also if anyone has done this before, how did you go about transferring the App to them for your iTunes Dev. Account?

Thanks

2. patp Guest

Do you mean sell it to another developer and ket them maintain and run the app? I would think there should be some developer forums where you can exchange ideas and tips on how to develop apps? I would probably start there.

3. inbrissy macrumors member

Whats the app and what are you selling it for?

4. jtara macrumors 65816

Will you be continuing to develop apps?

Unfortunately, transferring an app is difficult to impossible. Usually, the new developer has to start over with ratings, etc. If you ARE able to actually transfer the app seamlessly, that would be a big advantage.

The best way to accomplish that would be to sell the company (if there is one). Otherwise, sell all of the associated assets, including the developer account. (But check the fine print to see if Apple allows that.)

This has been an ongoing issue. I think the best place to find out the best approach would be on the official Apple developer forums.

I think it's now possible to convert a personal account to a company account. So, one way would be to convert it to a company account for the new company, or else a transition company and then they change the name when they acquire the assets.