Sell iPad, buy MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Johiem, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Johiem, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Johiem macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm not sure what to do, and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions.

I currently own a iMac (2010 model, 21.5 inch), iPad (32 gb Wifi) and iPhone 4 (16 Gb). Before i got my iPad and iMac i used a laptop, which I have sold to purchase an iMac. But now the iPad is getting used less and less (only in bed to read RSS feeds) and I miss going downstore with the laptop (iPad just cant do some of the tasks).

So that got me thinking, and now I am considering the following:
    - Sell iPad, buy Macbook Pro 13 inch or Macbook Air 13 inch;
    - Keep iPad, buy Macbook Pro 13 inch or Macbook Air 13 inch. In this case I have to wait, because i can't afford it.

Do any of you have any tips on what to do? Because i'm not sure whether I sell or keep my iPad, and to get a Macbook Air or Macbook Pro.

I will be using it for:
    - Some HTML/CSS coding;
    - Some light Photoshopping;
    - Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers.

Hopefully my English isn't that bad, if it is: I'm Sorry.

Kind Regards,

Edit: I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section, can anyone move this to the correct section?

2. cotak macrumors regular

Your example us why I think tablets are a fad. My friends with iPads use them pretty much just as you do. And honestly if one has an iPhone and a laptop does one really need to blow another 6 to 800 on a tablet?

For your needs might I suggest a MacBook air and an iPhone together to replace your iPad? If your local cell company does subsidized iPhones you might be able to afford both. And you'll have the ability to check email and rss feeds in bed while also having a laptop for things that require a keyboard.

3. Johiem thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response. I'm not the only person that has this issue.

At first when i got the iPad it looked great and i used it a lot. But only after a while i started using it less and less.

One thing I forgot in my starting post is, that I have an iPhone 4. I don't know why i forgot (Will add it now). But also that is one of the reason the iPad is used less.

Kind regards,

4. cotak macrumors regular

Exactly then I see no reason why not replace ipad with a MBP or MBA. I think you are pretty covered for all your computing needs with that combo. Only down (or upside if you later on want to get an ipad again) is that the ipad 2 is out soon.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

iMac and 11" Macbook Air would probably be my ideal setup, funds allowing.
    iPad is great but it`s no computer replacement if your needs extend much beyond web browsing.