sell iphone 4, what cheap ipod touch to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aPple nErd, Sep 8, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Feb 12, 2012
    Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
    ok i will sell my iphone 4 on launch day of the iphone 5, and i will need a cheap buget ipod touch/iphone to use for mainly music and for cydia. i just want to experiment with tweaks, but wont do it when i get an iphone 5 or ipad 3, as i wont jailbreak those(warranty) so what should i buy? i want to spend less than $50. so mabey a touch 2g?
  2. r0k macrumors 68040

Mar 3, 2008
    I doubt you can get anything decent to tinker with for fifty bucks. iPod Touches tend to hold their value. If you don't mind a device with a cracked screen (that still works) you might be able to get something.

I'm going to be passing my iPhone 4 to my daughter when I get my 5, some time this fall.

Choice 1: Get an iPhone 5, sell your 4, don't bother with j/b or cydia

Choice 2: Same as above but get an extended warranty of some sort and go ahead and j/b.

Choice 3: J/b without an extended warranty if research indicates it isn't such a great risk.

Choice 4: Find a $50-ish iPod touch that can run recent versions of iOS. Not likely.

Choice 5: Find a $50-ish iPod touch with a cracked screen that still works. Somewhat likely but a bit risky.