sell iphone 4, what cheap ipod touch to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aPple nErd, Sep 8, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok i will sell my iphone 4 on launch day of the iphone 5, and i will need a cheap buget ipod touch/iphone to use for mainly music and for cydia. i just want to experiment with tweaks, but wont do it when i get an iphone 5 or ipad 3, as i wont jailbreak those(warranty) so what should i buy? i want to spend less than $50. so mabey a touch 2g?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I doubt you can get anything decent to tinker with for fifty bucks. iPod Touches tend to hold their value. If you don't mind a device with a cracked screen (that still works) you might be able to get something.

I'm going to be passing my iPhone 4 to my daughter when I get my 5, some time this fall.

Choice 1: Get an iPhone 5, sell your 4, don't bother with j/b or cydia

Choice 2: Same as above but get an extended warranty of some sort and go ahead and j/b.

Choice 3: J/b without an extended warranty if research indicates it isn't such a great risk.

Choice 4: Find a $50-ish iPod touch that can run recent versions of iOS. Not likely.

Choice 5: Find a $50-ish iPod touch with a cracked screen that still works. Somewhat likely but a bit risky.