Sell iPhone today or wait to Unlock then sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lionfleet, Sep 11, 2012.

1. lionfleet macrumors newbie

As we all know the iPhone 5 is coming out tomorrow. I want to sell my iPhone 4 and get the best possible return.
    Would it be better to sell it TODAY asap (craiglist) in order to get the best possible price before the 5 devalues prices?
    OR
    Should I Jailbreak/Unlock it to up the value and then sell it? The problem with this is it may take a DAY longer...

So what do you guys think? I'm running out of time... Sell immediately or Unlock then sell even if it takes longer?
    Thanks so much!

2. RedCroissant Suspended

Make sure it's unlocked first and then sell it. I say that because if I were in the market to buy an i Phone, I would be willing to pay much for an unlocked version versus a locked one. And with T-Mobile practically begging for iPhone customers, you have a better chance of getting a good price for it. Good luck with the sale.

3. lionfleet thread starter macrumors newbie

4. billygarrett3 macrumors newbie

How do I unlock my I phone 4s?

I just bought an IPhone 4s (AT&T) from a friend. I have verizon. I am just wanting to sell this phone for the best possible price. I have read that if it is unlocked it will sell for more. It does not have a sim card in it. If I go to walmart and buy a sim card will I be able to unlock it through AT&T or do I have to have his sim card and do it with that first? What are my options? Thanks, I am trying to get money to buy books for school.