Sell iPhone4 with micro-sim or no sim at all?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sp44, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sp44 macrumors member

I sold my iPhone4 to stay with my 3GS. ATT said I need to get a new sim to keep my 3GS since I had to activate my iPhone4 which wiped out my old sim. Do I ship the iPhone4 with the micro-sim or no?

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Keep your sim, it has your information. Never ship with a sim unless the simcard/microsim is unopened in packaging.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

My question is why does it even enter your mind to leave the sim in the phone?

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just an FYI, "SIM" stands for "Subscriber Identity Module." That means that SIM card represents you as much as a driver's license or credit card would. I'm certain that you wouldn't give those away if you sold someone your car or pass a wallet down to someone, even if the card is expired or deactivated. If at any point the SIM card was tied to you, the you should keep it and/or destroy it, as it wouldn't benefit the next user of the phone you're getting rid of. They will have to activate their number on a new, unprogrammed SIM card (in this case, a micro-SIM card).

5. xyz1534 macrumors regular

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Kind of silly to sell it on eBay because now you have to wait to more years with your 3GS, unless that is you received a decent amount of money?

Most of us have 30 Days to decide and then you could return it for a refund and still keep your upgrade option in case you decide to do something later on.

What are i4's going for on eBay anyway?

7. sp44 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured to keep the sim. It wouldn't even cross my mind if it was just a regular sim. This new micro sim crap is confusing ATT. What a surprise hey? Some stores probably don't even know what one is. And yes I sold it on eBay for some crazy amount. I don't understand eBay shoppers.