Sell MacBook for MacBook Pro Now or Wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by UnclePaulie, Jul 7, 2007.

  1. UnclePaulie macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2004
    Location:
    LA, CA
    #1
    Hi everyone,
    I was hoping to get some input and advice on my near future Apple laptop purchase. I have been using a MacBook Core Duo as my solo computer but it is starting to show its age. With the new Santa Rosa Core2's and a 15" LED vs 13" screen I feel like this would be a significant upgrade. My only hesitation in seling this MB and buying a new 15" MBP is whether or not another upgrade will happen around the time Leopard comes out. I don't mind buying a copy of Leopard and upgrading later on.

    Do you think that there will be a significant upgrade to the MBP by the time Leopard comes out or is this as good as it gets for a while?
     
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #2
    Probably as good as it gets for a while, considering the MBPs were just updated.. at least for a few months past Leopard's release, I'd say.

    Buy now if you need it now.
     
  3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

    Zwhaler

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2006
    #3
    Seconded, the MacBook Pro update was quite a significant one, so I can't really see another update until about MacWorld. If you need now, buy now. If you don't need now, buy now anyway because waiting won't really do you any good (for about six more months) unless of course you want Leopard to come with the machine.
     
  4. UnclePaulie thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2004
    Location:
    LA, CA
    #4
    Thanks for your answers. It looks like I'll be getting a new laptop pretty soon then. The latest I would wait is for Leopard to come out but it doesn't sound like there will be any upgrades by then so I'd rather get a new one now and then upgrade to Leopard later.
     

Share This Page