Sell MBP for MP and 12" PB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iToaster, Jan 27, 2008.

1. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Ok, so I've been thinking recently and I want a MP for power, storage, and upgradability. I've been looking on eBay and it seems 12" PBs aren't too expensive. Would it be a wise idea to sell my MBP and buy a MP (octo 2.8) and a 12" PB for portability? Also, how much would a 15" 2.4 glossy 4Gb RAM 250 Gb HD go for with original packaging and in near perfect condition (no scratches or blemishes whatsoever)?

PS, mods, I'm not sure if this would go in the marketplace, but move it if it should.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Anything against a refurbished MacBook instead of a PowerBook 12"?

3. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

My biggest gripe with the MB was the integrated graphics, but given the age of the dedicated card in the PB, it's probably a little below the MB, but I used to have a MB that I sold for a MBP, so that doesn't seem like a good choice to me. I just need something to take with me between houses, so a 1.5 Ghz 12" seems perfect to me, as well as price wise off eBay.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd pick the GMA X3100 over the FX5200 any day. Then again it does sound like you're on more of a portable budget. You might be looking at 12" iBook territory as well. In the end on a budget you're looking at a wide array of 12" G4 laptops. The Mac Pro is going to be your power house in the end.

I was simply suggesting an Intel Mac to avoid regretting it and trying to sell it off later. The 12" PowerBook has a great form factor but it still hasn't been replicated by Apple.