Sell my 12" Powerbook??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by umichiganmac, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. umichiganmac macrumors newbie

    Jul 11, 2007
    A couple of weeks ago my PB hard drive died on me... very sad and unexpected. My applecare was up in April... so i was SOL.

    I am having the HD replaced with a 100 gig, and I started wondering if I should move on up to a MacBook. Is that a good move at this point, or should I wait?

    I don't have a **** ton of money, so I would have to fetch a pretty good price for my PB - what would be a good asking price??

    100 gig hard drive
    1.25 ram
    1.5 GHz
    12" Powerbook
  2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

    Capt Underpants

    Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    I would put a buy it now on ebay for $700. People here aren't stupid enough to pay that much for a 12" Powerbook, but ebay people are.
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus


    Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Yeah, $700 seems very doable on eBay. I would guess your eBay auction results would likely be somewhere from $650-800 shipped, and probably about $600 shipped, here.
  4. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

    Oct 17, 2004
    Good old ebay. Every seller there acts like they have ten starving children to feed. :D
    I've seen 12" PB's with the same specs as yours (other than the HDD) go for around 700-800.
    Assuming yours is in good condition, I'd say the your prospects are pretty good.

    Amazing what people with pay for a old PB :rolleyes:
  5. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

    May 15, 2007
    I bought a 12" model recently off of E-Bay for under 400. I found it to be useful for carrying around on campus. It's small, light, and looks nice. Also it's good for basic stuff like taking notes.
  6. littlenicky macrumors newbie

    Jun 24, 2007
  7. tehdee macrumors member

    May 7, 2006
    im going travelling/teaching abroad 'indefinitely', and in all honesty, im considering selling my mint sr 2.2 mbp i got about two weeks ago as a replacement for my rev a 1.83 mbp, for two thousand some-odd dollars picking up a 12" for like 5-7 hundred, and pocketing the difference...
  8. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

    Agent Smith

    Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    For what it's worth, I regret getting rid of my 12" PB. I have the 13" BlackBook, but it just isn't the same. Given the choice, I would upgrade the HD, presuming that everything else is fine on the computer.
  9. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

    Jan 24, 2005
    I totally agree...I love my 12" died of graphics card failure, but i'm looking at getting it fixed and that'll probably cost me b/w 100 and 350...but, it was/is my first Mac and it'll work for quite a few more years as a great traveling lappy...just my two cents

Share This Page