Sell my 2 MacBook Pros now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPad Retina, May 13, 2015.

  1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

    iPad Retina

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2013
    Location:
    Toronto
    #1
    Hello all,

    Do you guys think I should sell my macs now, the first one is

    Mid 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, and 256gb, extremely slow

    And Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 2.6ghz, 8gb ram, 512gb and one new left fan and ghosting problems

    Do you guys think I should sell these two and get a late 2013 MacBook Pro with AppleCare instead

    If so, what should I list the price at for these two macs?

    Thanks
     
  2. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Location:
    Las Vegas
    #2
    Actually yeah, I just picked up a 2014 macbook pro 15 and did look at the 2013 models and I found some pretty good deals on the machines. Applecare was one of the criteria I had for buying a new laptop. Now would be close to as good a time as any to go ahead and upgrade if you are looking to get a 2013 model.

    The only thing I could tell you in regards to sale price on those machines is to do your research by looking at CL and ebay. If the 2012 is having such issues your probably gonna have to give some sort of "discount" on the price you expect to receive for it. I would think for both of those machines that you should be able to pickup a 2013 2.6ghz/512/16gb/750 without really having to come out of pocket much, if at all.
     
  3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #3
    If you want a faster Mac, you should sell your slower Macs.
     

Share This Page