sell my 2010 13" mbps and buy 13" MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tinkori, Jul 21, 2011.

1. tinkori macrumors member

I just use developer tools for programming and I have a 2010 13'MBP. Looking at the new sandy bridge releases, I was wondering if its a good idea to sell the MBP for the MBA. The air would have 4gb ram (should be ok for dev) and a SSD instead of me attaching one to my MBP.

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

thats what i plan to do. but still unsure that i will be sacrificing the fact that i cant upgrade the ram and the SSD.

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Performance wise I think the Air would be better? There are a plethora of Geekbench links floating around here. Personally I planned on getting a 13 inch MBA but seeing that with education discount, it would be 60 more than the base MBP, I'm just going to go with the Pro.

I'll probably want to upgrade the internals later in the future and... well you can't do that with an Air.

4. CJUN26 macrumors newbie

Where are you selling yours?

Online or someone you know?

I'm selling mine too in a week or so. I don't' know where but maybe on sellyourmac.com or amazon. I don't know.

5. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Performance will be improved and having the SSD will make the system feel snappier. I say go for it. And like just about everyone on the internet has said, go for the 4GB/128GB SSD model if you are considering the 11".