Sell my iMac 27 2011?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by IceKK, Jan 9, 2012.

1. IceKK macrumors newbie

I have a buyer and he's willing to give a very good price. And i want to be ready to buy the new 2012 iMac which is rumored to come out around February.

Question is .....too soon to sell?

Maybe a redesign will postpone the release? What are your thoughts?

New user, first thread, bad english, sorry :)

2. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

A few questions.....

Are you willing to risk that "new" 2012 iMacs will be aviailble in Feb? What if available in April, May or June? Can you live without a computer that long?

Do you need new 2012 iMac features, or are they only a "nice to have" new feature?

Also, do you know exactly what "new features" will be available? Perhaps you wait for a specific new feature and it isn't availble? re: That specific feature pushed into 2013? Now what????

It's a free country and one can decide what they want. But, does one bet on the performance of a chicken and it's egg (its birth) hasn't happended yet? Too risky of a best for me. But, others like doing the long shots....

Hope this helps...

3. srxtr macrumors 6502a

All good points.

To the OP, if the price the buyer is offering is REAL good (say 90%+ of what you originally paid) AND you have a backup computer you can use then I say go for it.

4. IceKK, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

IceKK thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Actually the price is 90%+, so it's a pretty awesome deal for me. Backup computer could be a problem though.

To "Spike88"
    You're right i don't really know anything, other than that i'm gonna buy it. I always do, however significant the upgrades are i can't help it ;)

Do any of you have any inside scoop, rumored specs, anything. I head some tv support rumors and stuff :confused:

5. srxtr macrumors 6502a

There are tons of threads on speculations and rumors, just look in the iMac forums.

Whatever it is, it'll definitely be an upgrade from the 2011 iMac. Whether the upgrade will be big or small, we'll just have to wait and see.

6. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Yes. Sell and have no computer till Ivy Bridge. Are you serious with this stuff?
    I think the next post in line should be:
    "Mac and cheese, should I eat it now or wait 5 min to cool off?"

7. Blomkvist macrumors member

Blomkvist

Looks like your mind is made up then; good luck with your sale, and hopefully the 2012 upgrade will be to your liking!

8. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

As a summary of what I've read (and believed), I think the safe bets are Slightly improved CPU with Ivy Bridge, 7790m for improved GPU, and USB 3. I'm not particularly inclined to buy into some of the more lavish rumors. There are also rumors of an early April Ivy Bridge release, how soon after that the iMacs will be shipping I can't really comment.

9. IceKK thread starter macrumors newbie

Asking other people's opinions on whether or not i'm making a bad decision by selling now seems like a legitimate question to me. I realise no one knows when the upgrade is due but maybe people here had some good points i could reflect on you know. (sorry for bad english) :)

Seepel:
    Thanks sounds cool :)

10. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The best metaphor I've ever heard...

11. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Always eat kraft dinner hot and fresh.

12. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

You already answered your question with this:
    "Backup computer could be a problem though."

You should have asked "Can I go without my computer for an indeterminate amount of time?". Only you can answer that. No offense was intended.

13. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Very logical and practical post. I would say you're 99.99% correct on this. Anything else is just icing on the 2012 refresh cake.

14. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

15. Gmac6278 macrumors newbie

Sell my 2012 imac

I've recently run into some money problems need to sell my 2012 27' imac i7 3.4ghz with 16GB ram with 1TB fusion drive.it's boxed and mint condition I've tried to get some rough figures from ebay without any luck.any members who can give me some rough sums would be welcome.