Sell my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

I have an iPad 1

With all the talk about the iPad 3/iPad 4; Shall I sell my iPad 1 now to maybe buy the iPad 3/4?

It's a little annoying not having the latest and greatest :(

Thanks

2. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Definitely sell your iPad 1 and get an iPad 3. After all, the iPad 1 doesn't work anymore and the iPad 3 will do everything you've ever dreamed of. In fact, with its new cloaking device it will be invisible.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Do you need the iPad? If so, selling it now would be a bad idea...

If you just want the latest and greatest then you've rather missed the boat on iPad 2 and will just need to wait it out until something newer comes along. If you're feeling the original iPad is under-performing for you, and an iPad 2 would serve you better, then that's the switch I'd recommend.

My little tip: Love the product you have. Get to know it, its blemishes, its intricacies, it's yours. Keep it for as long as it's useful to you, unless something else comes along that will be justifiably more-so. :)

4. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

This is why I'm waiting until Ivy Bridge to buy a MBP.

Yeah, it's mine forever.

People on this forum still have PPC Macs, but that's slightly different as they're discontinued now I guess

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Given the state of the economy it's reassuring to see that there are still consumers out there who will spend money on new shiny objects whether they need them or not.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The 3 won't be out until March or so, but if you can do without your iPad then by all means sell it. You will beat the rush of people selling their first-gens after the 3 is out.

7. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I would sell when we know the date (officially from Apple) of the announcement event for iPad 3. Strike a balance between keeping it as long as possible and beating all the people who sell when they hear about the iPad 3 on CNN the day after it's announced.

Well, personally I wouldn't let go if mine til I had the replacement in hand,but if you're thinking of selling now you clearly don't use it as much as I do.

8. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

The resale on an original iPad might not be as good as you expect. If you need the cash, and want to put that towards the new iPad3, by all means go for it.

Me, I'm holding onto mine so that in 20 years I can take it outta the box, boot it up, and amaze my kids at how 'primitive' technology was in 2010 :)

9. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

Haha, a couple months ago I told the wife she should sell her iPad 1 so she can upgrade to an iPad 2. Her response? "are you insane, this thing is my baby and it's the first iPad so **** off". Lol. After thinking about it, I realized that the iPad has completely revolutionized the tablet industry. Pretty much the first of its kind(in terms of how much you can use it for). So she kept her iPad 1, and I bought the iPad 2 for me lol.

So back on topic for the op, dont sell it. Just save up for the iPad 3, put the 1 back in its box and look back in a couple of years and smile at your "original" iPad.