Sell my iPhone and Get new iPhone...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fab5freddy, May 25, 2008.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

If i sell my current AT&T iPhone, and want to get the new Iphone,

What is the best way to buy the new one ?

Will i have to pay an outrageous price because i won't be getting
    the 2 year contract with AT&T since i already have AT&T service....?

And it will be a whilte before you can get used ones on craigslist
    and refurbs at AT&T stores........

2. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

I will be ordering it as soon as Steve announces it. It most likely will be atleast a month.

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

If you go by the last release, you can walk into most any AT&T store and not have any wait. People were lined up at Apple stores but the AT&T stores had plenty of stock and very low wait times. That would probably be because there are many more AT&T stores out there than Apple stores. Many people wanted to be "part of the experience" and went to an Apple store so they could stand around and be around other people who were frothing at the mouth for one. Do you want easy or hard?

My account page on AT&T says I won't be eligible for a subsidized phone until mid-2009. Some people say that theirs says they can get a subsidized phone now. Take a look at yours under the upgrade phone page and see what it says. I don't know why they're not consistent. If you can't get subsidized, yes, you'll pay the full price.

Well, think about that one. Of course it will be a while. The ones on Craigslist/Ebay will be from people who had buyer's remorse or were speculating they could turn a buck for something with high demand. That didn't work the last time because there were plenty in the stores even on day one. The demand didn't meet expectations and people buying for resale made a bad decision. This time around the reports are that there is incredibly high production on this model. So, there will be no supply issues at all.

As for refurbs, again, think about it. Refurbs come from returns or repairs. It takes quite a while before white box models circulate into the system. Initially bad ones are replaced with new ones and then once they stockpile enough returns they become refurbs.

4. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

5. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Yet another post to add to 5+ a day posts asking how if and when to sell iphones and how much the new ones will be.

6. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

It is speculated that 8 GB phones will be discontinued, but no one knows for sure, of course.

Jude

7. matttrick macrumors 6502

sell it now before it is worthless due to subsidies.

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Hey, now. If I can't post this way in another thread and get yelled at for it you can't either. ;)

9. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

yeah, but if you already have a 2-year AT&T contract.
    you can't get the iPhone Subsidy ! - Can you ?

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Read what I said in the middle of my response then go look at your own account.

11. isimon1207 macrumors member

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I would think you can as you didn't get a subsidy with the current contract.

13. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

As I said, go read the middle of my post above and then check your account. It gives you a date that you're eligible for a subsidized phone. Don't guess, look. I never had an account with AT&T prior to the iPhone and I only have the iPhone on the account. It says I won't be eligible until August of 2009. If you click on the link next to that it says that dates are adjusted based on the plan you have, your payment record, etc. They shaved four months off the two years on mine. I only carry the minimum minutes plan.