Sell my mac or upgrade it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dj123, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Dj123 macrumors newbie

Hello folks looking for a little advice...
    -I have a 2010 macbook pro i7 17" with 8 gb of ram and 7200 rpm 500 GB HD
    -I recently bought a 6 TB Thunderbolt HD i got for deal in the box (^has no Thunderbolt port)
    -I also have a 256 Gb ssd i also got a for a deal in the box still
    -I had Planed on selling my mac on eBay but after 5 consecutive relist's i have found that no body wants to pay $1,450 that i am asking for it! The Thing is Brand new i only have 12 cycles on the battery. I think if it was turned on 20 times and that would be exaggerating plus i paid almost 3 thousand dollars for it plus i was throwing in extras but o well . The goal is to be able to condense, & organize the 1 TB of music videos and 2 TB of music i have spread out for 6 Different drives. Here is what i think are my options
    A) buy a 6Tb 3.0 usb card for my current mac install the ssd and mabe a bigger HD and take out the optical drive just the cost of the HD
    B) sell off my mac and take less like 12-1,300 and buy a mac mini or a 2011-2012 MBP basically anything with a Thunderbolt port?
    Thx for any help!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

First, why so little use? Is the 17" model too large for your liking?

If that is the case, sell it for what you can get, buy a computer that you think you'll actually use.

3. Dj123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went to work for a friend djing weddings for his company. He has me use all his equipment which started out as a 2011 13.3 MBP and recently turned into a new 15"MBP. Thats why the little use but with wedding season almost over I want to go back to the clubs but i need to get my music in order and i don't want to touch his system. Soooo that being said do you have an opinion?

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I would sell it and buy a new MBP.
    Atleast the cMBP with minimum spec.