Sell my MacBook Pro now or wait for iMac update

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macman05, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. macman05 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    #1
    Hi to all,

    Should I sell my 17 inch Macbook Pro now in anticipation of the iMac update or wait. My thinking is now rather than later so as to get top dollar for my MBP 17".

    All opinions welcome:)
     
  2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

    TMRaven

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2009
    #2
    As long as you have a competent backup I guess. We don't want a repeat of this one thread over at the mac pro forum.
     
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #3
    If you have a secondary computer that you can use while waiting till the update, go ahead. If you don't, just wait. The biggest drop in resale value was when you opened the box. Now few weeks doesn't matter, you may lose a tenner or two.
     
  4. macman05 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    #4
    I have a my brothers HP notebook to tide me over till the next iMac's.
     
  5. peakchua macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2010
    #5
    why do you want to sell it? its a good computer..........
     
  6. hojoon0724 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #6
    Sold my MBP and bought a 27 iMac last week.
    I didn't wait for the update because I figured if I'm going to use this computer for the next 3-4 years, a minor speed bump wouldn't affect me so much.

    I was expecting the next refresh to come around September or October so that's a long time for me to wait.
     

Share This Page