Sell my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeppelin68, Jan 16, 2008.

1. zeppelin68 macrumors regular

I'm wondering if I should sell my macbook pro and get a used/refurb blackbook. I don't really need the power of the MBP and the I would kind of like something more portable for school. How much is a 2.4 ghz stock with windows xp/leopord/and brenthaven case worth?

2. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

That's a good idea. There's many people who just don't need to spend the extra money on a MBP when they're not gonna be making good use of its features. It's never too late to admit you could've made do with a lower spec machine.

The MacBook is plenty powerful for most people and obviously more portable (you've got a 15" MBP right?). The only thing that might take getting used to is the lower resolution, especially if you were used to having multiple windows on screen.

Also, if you're gonna be getting the used version of the Blackbook then you should end up with a nice little cash surplus from the sale of your MBP.

3. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

True, and I think the biggest question is this; do you need expandability? the one big difference between MacBook and MacBook Pro is the inclusion of an express slot, which then goes to ask, "am I going to use that express slot". That was the question I asked myself when I considered purchasing a 15inch MacBook Pro; yes, it has a better graphics card (which comes at a cost in the form of lower battery life) and a expansion slot, but can I truly justify to myself the extra $1000 or so spent?

I've got a MacBook Black, and I've never looked back. When will I upgrade? probably in 2-3 years time - hopefully by then there will be flash drives included by default :)

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

As far as value, you're really not supposed to ask that here, that goes in the MacRumors Marketplace, where you'll need 100 forum posts to start a thread.

As far as downgrading; personally, I upgraded from MB to MBP after a year and I've been thinking about the MB lately and I think the MBP is worth it just for the larger screen.

Also consider you could downgrade to an older MacBook or MacBook Pro and get quite a bit of money back.