sell my old mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Dlinkant, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Dlinkant macrumors newbie

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

It won't be worth more in 10 years. This is only true of rare models. Plus do you really want to store it for 10 years?Best price you will get for it is now. Do a search on eBay and Craigslist and you should be able to work out the resale price you can get for it.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Check the prices of recently completed eBay auctions for your model to get a good feel for what to expect.

4. Dlinkant thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your advices.

It's hard to find completed eBay auctions, I saw the same model but 24" instead of my 20" at 300$ for direct shipping (bet start at 200$).
    So i would say 200$ for mine, idk really

5. Sanatogen macrumors member

Sanatogen

Not sure why you'd want to keep it for another 10 years. However, If it doesn't serve its purpose anymore I'd say sell it. You might not get much for it but at least it's better to give it a new loving home than just to discard it inside a dusty wardrobe.

6. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

If you want it gone just do a eBay auction. The same time I was looking at iMacs (only last week) I saw a model similar to yours go for $160. I was considering it but just spent $60 more for a Aluminum model.

7. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Ive seen them sell on my local craigs in the 150-250 range...if you don't need the money and don't have another comp,might be useful as a good backup system...