Sell my old Windows laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kyle1320, Jun 2, 2011.

1. kyle1320, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

Hey guys, I'm debating if I should sell my Windows laptop, now that I've got a MacBook Pro. It isn't very powerful, so I can't really do any gaming or anything on it, so the only thing I can think of that I would want to keep it for is for any programs I would want to use that are for Windows only. I also have a desktop PC, though, so I could just use them on that, or I could maybe use Boot Camp. Should I keep it, or sell it (and probably end up buying PS CS5?)

Also the only time I have used it since I bought my MBP has been to move stuff off of it, I bought the MBP 4/18/11

2. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Hold onto it & use it if you ever need to use Windows again.

I prefer having a Windows laptop that I rarely use anyway than having Windows installed on my MacBook Pro.

But that's just me. Most will recommend parallels.

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Can't go wrong with this entire post, it's exactly what I do! Plus my old Dell was a good laptop to me, can't ever get rid of her! :)

4. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

I haven't used it since I got my MBP though, on 4/18/11

5. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

6. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I haven't used mine either, I gave it to my brother.

I don't need Windows for anything. Mac OS X does everything I want to do.

I was just saying that if you think you are going to need Windows, hold onto the machine instead of installing Windows on your Mac.

Up to you :)

7. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Since you own a Windows desktop as well, why not sell the laptop and have a little extra money and upgrade your newly owned laptop, or buy some programs?

8. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

All I really do is browse the web, program a bit, install a few apps (anything I find neat really, I've just been Googling 'cool mac apps' and what not) and when I'm bored play system-unintensive games or do some photo editing

9. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

I was also planning on buying 8GB RAM and some new earphones, probably the Klipsch S4's

10. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I've had my MBP since February and was previously a Windows user.

I'm the same, I browse the web (Chrome), iTunes, VLC for playing films & media, Twitter for Mac, Skype, Football Manager, Office for Mac, Toast 11 & Handbrake, iLife suite for productivity, & Photoshop.

Not big into gaming on laptops, FM is not very gfx intensive and runs very well.

I don't really do much professional work but I would like to in the future.

So as you see, everything I do above can be done on Windows but I just prefer the Mac, so nothing I do specifically requires a PC. :)