Sell now or after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Goldinboy17, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I have an extra iPhone 4 lying around. I was wondering if it would be mote profitable to sell it on eBay now or after the jailbreak/unlock is released and been done with the phone? It looks like it may take a while for the jailbreak to be released, maybe even a month, by which the demand will have fallen. Average selling price seems to be $750 now on eBay, and you would pay $50 in fees. Any advice? It's. 32GB model btw.

2. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

If you need the money the now, Then sell it.

If you don't need the money, wait... Plain and simple

3. jlmitnick macrumors regular

I would wait until the jailbreak/unlock is released. The value of iPhones stays very steady until the next one is announced which is a long ways away. I am sure a month from now iPhone 4's will be going for the same price on ebay.

However, a jailbreak, and most especially an unlock, will make the iPhone MORE valuable - I never quite understand why as these jailbreaks are released for free and aren't too hard to do, but it's simply a fact. Perhaps this one will not increase the value significantly as it seems like it will be super easy to do and work across the board on all models/firmwares, but we'll see.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

$50 in fees + $23 for PayPal + shipping. Always figure around 10-12% to sell it on eBay depending on how you ship it and if you insure it for full value. Shipping is big bucks these days.