Sell or keep 2011 iMac ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ak907Freerider, Feb 4, 2013.

  1. Ak907Freerider, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

    Ak907Freerider macrumors 6502

    Apr 19, 2012
    Ok debating on selling my bto 27 inch iMac. It has a 3.4 i7 1 terabyte hdd and the 1 gig video card. I have been seeing them go for around $1700 and debating on selling to go to either a new 2012 iMac or MacBook Pro. Mostly want it for the USB 3.0 and fusion drive think I should hold off and enjoy this machine or is it time to sell. I mostly use it for hd video editing so that's why I want USB 3.0. Since thunderbolt is over priced. It has 2.5 years of AppleCare left.
  2. WizardHunt macrumors 68000


    May 11, 2007
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    well you have it now. You may not get what you want out of it. But it all depends on how badly you want the newer iMac with the 3.0 USB's and Fusion drive. So its up to you.
  3. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

    Feb 26, 2011
    Thunderbolt might be overpriced but wouldn't you save money by just buying one or two of those drives instead of getting a whole new computer just for USB 3.0 and a fusion drive? Even if you got $1700, it still seems like you'd lose money on the deal if you bought a similarly featured 2012 iMac.
  4. Ak907Freerider thread starter macrumors 6502

    Apr 19, 2012
    That's true I have debated that fusion just sounds easier to deal with. Maybe hold off and hope ssd price drops along with thunderbolt cables
  5. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

    tom vilsack

    Nov 20, 2010
    ladner cdn
    -yours is easy to upgrade compared to new ones...put in a ssd and use your hd as external storage
    -yours has a dvd player (still handy for certain projects)
    -no worries about getting new one with yellowish screen,image ghosting,fan issues

    keep yours.
  6. trustever macrumors 6502

    Jan 14, 2013
    +1 here, keep what you have, open it up and add the SSD of your choise and be merry!:apple::apple:
  7. Ak907Freerider thread starter macrumors 6502

    Apr 19, 2012
    Don't want to void my AppleCare if something goes wrong not going to open it

Share This Page