Sell or keep it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bruleke, Nov 28, 2011.

1. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

1st of all: no trolling, please; no ironic messages; no stupid answers. If you came here to do any of these, get a life.

Hi everybody :D

I bought an iPod touch 4G in July (32gb). Also bought an apple charger, a nice case, screen protector and a dock.
    "Happy" - thats the word for that moment.

But now, after 4 months, my iPod is in the drawer and I never use it...

I stay all day at home because I study and work here, so there's no need for me to have an iPhone and, of course, there's no reason for me to have a mobile device that only works through WiFi (consider that I dont listen to music and dont play games - I am not a kid or teenager).

My question is: should I sell or keep my iPoud touch? Its a beautiful piece of equipment and there's a lot of functions but only works if I have WiFi. I will go to Argentina next week and I was thinking: why the heck should I take my ipod Touch with me since it wont work in the street? Again: consider that I wont play games or listen to music... I only like those apps that require internet conection

How many people are in the same situation as me? I mean: (1) have an iPod, (2) THINK that can live without it but (3) actually is useless outside of the house (wifi range)?

Thats why I came here... I'm trying to find a reason to keep it. Is there something that I'm missing?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The only reason why I would sell it was if I needed the money for something else.

3. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Well, its not that I am starving and need money to eat, but I prefer to have money than to have an useless object. Thats why I have this doubt... otherwise I would sell it without think too much :p

4. Caliber26, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I would take it on your trip to Argentina. Chances are your airline will offer in-flight WiFi*, so your internet-based apps, Safari, and even iMessaging will keep you occupied while flying. Also, it is likely that the hotel (or house) you're going to be staying at will have wireless internet access, so you'll be able to keep up with emails and other things when you get home for the night. Besides, these days many public locations (coffee shops, malls, airports, etc) have public WiFi readily available.

If I were in your situation, I think there's many of times where I would find myself using the iPod Touch, especially since you don't have an iPhone. However, if you have an iPad, a very portable notebook computer, or a smart phone that you plan on taking with you during this trip, maybe you won't find yourself needing the iPod Touch.

*usually around $7-$10 for the duration of the flight, or a little bit more if you do an all-day pass type of thing

5. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

I liked the idea of keep in touch using wifi on the hotel.
    But I live near Argentina and the flight takes about 3 hours.
    But, I will do a different trip: will be on the street/road/forest/mountains all the time. Hotel, only for sleep.
    Still, I liked the idea of keeping touch. Maybe I take it with me AND my Apple wireless keyboard :)

But here comes the question: what happens when I come back to my country? Useless equipment again? :(

6. 184550, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

184550 Guest

I don't know why you continue to lament the use (or perhaps lack thereof) of your iPod Touch when it seems quite clear that you want to get rid of it.

Get rid of it.

7. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I COMPLETELY agree -- only YOU can decide whether or not YOU want to keep your ipod touch.

Grow a pair already, and make a decision for yourself.

8. Chi-mex macrumors member

You said that you work and study at home right? So do you ever come into situations that you would need to use your itouch outside the home?
    My suggestion is that if you do not think the itouch is paying for itself then sell it. If you cannot find any good day to day, week to week, use for it, then there is not much point in having it.