Sell or return 3G within 14 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nptski, Jul 23, 2008.

1. nptski macrumors member

Should I try to sell to a friend or return it. I don't want a early termination charge. I love the phone in so many ways but it is not going to work as my mission critical phone.

I am disappointed, stood in line and the whole thing, but not going to work. 3G is slower than Edge and likely not going to improve for a while. ATT said they have to have more towers or more capacity. Battery life is too short, I cannot be far from a charger even turning off most of the features I bought the phone for. I have read all the battery "trick" posts. ATT is terrible for reception and bluetooth for my Lexus LS is not supported by Apple. I checked with a couple of techs who do bluetooth installations and they said iPhone is difficult. I get very mixed results but far too often callers say every other word is chopped or scratchy.

I had Sprint prior and it was far better. I had Sprint when they first came out and it was horrible. I have been on all the major networks and to my amazement, Sprint is the best. Data speeds are awesome and I can even communicate in an elevator. My phone is one of the few that even works in my office.

So, is it a problem to port the number to a new SP or do I have to return to Apple Store to not get charged a termination fee?

thx

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I'm surprised sprint works for you so well. I had sprint and hated it so much, the call quality was always horrible and garbled, i would get voicemails when my phone never rang despite being in full service areas. EVDO speeds for data were great though, i'll give them that... but i just couldnt deal with the horrible voice quality and reception or lack there of.

4. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I believe you can return the phone within 30 days without paying a ETF. You will only pay for the service you used.

If Sprint is better for you then switch back.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm thinking of returning the new phone as well and going back to my old iPhone. 3g is not that impressive, I live in Modesto but work in San jose and in both cities I get 1-2 bars of 3g, even though AT&T's coverage map shows excellent service, I get up to 221 kbps. In Sunnyvale I managed to get full bars 500 Kbps, but I'm rarely in that city.

I find it kind of stupid that to preserve my battery I have to turn off 3g, gps and my push service with mobile me, which is the 3 reasons why I upgraded.

I spoke to an AT&T rep and she told me that if I return the phone with in 30 days every would go back to the way it was with no issues. I need to call apple though cause there return policy is 14 days

6. nptski thread starter macrumors member

I wish it was a defective phone and this would all go away. I think it is 14 days for a return. If Apple would replace it and give me another 14 days, I would be great if the performance improves. My wife's works great, she has an 8g and I have a 16 which I can't believe makes any difference. I do use mine a ton, but that is the reason I have it. The closest thing to it is the new Treo 800W which makes me use M$ mobile 6.1. I need the call quality and bluetooth to work with my car. I may have to go to a Curve which I hear is quite good. I am an Apple devotee from 1981 and wanted to be literally in sync with my desktop and laptops.

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

You have 30 days to return it to AT&T/Apple. You will not be charged an ETF, but you will have to return the phone.

If you want to keep the phone (to sell), you would have to wait till the 30 days are up, which means you'd pay the ETF, plus the first month's bill.