Sell or return?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by p1ally, Apr 27, 2015.

1. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

I have a 38mm blue and 38 green that my mom and I will be replacing with 42s. Does it make more sense to return it or should we even bother selling them to someone that's waiting for one? Not looking to make a profit, just want to get my money back and possibly help someone else out in the process. Wwyd?

2. Tawmawse macrumors newbie

Create a quick Craigslist post. If it doesn't sell within a day or two, return. I just did this today when I realized I wanted a SS watch instead of a sport, and in the process turned a profit, which I won't complain about ;)

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Give it to apple, they are not going to keep that watch, plus its much safer.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I hate scalpers but at this point, it's used so won't be sold by apple to someone else as new, and won't immediately help out someone who is waiting since it will be refurbished stock. But, and it's entirely up to you, why rip someone else off? Just charge them what you paid for it. You've then lost nothing.

5. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Since it's opened...

Better sell to people who really want it than returning to Apple to be piled up in the Apple Watch graveyard before it gets refurbished..

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Just sold mine on Gumtree (had ten offers in the first hour) for £450/$685 and someone got the watch straight away, rather than having to wait for Apple to "recycle" it

They were delighted and I made £110 profit - it's a win win situation.

7. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

When I sell my old iPhones I always use Craigslist and just specify that they must be local to me and I do cash only. Then meet them somewhere safe. My last three were sold right in front of Safeway. The last one was so excited to get my iPhone 5 they practically threw the money at me and were ready to just take the box. I insisted on taking it out and showing them how good a shape it was in and showed that it turned ON.

8. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Upto you. Returning is risk free and simple, if you sell it, you run the risks with finding a dodgey buyer etc. if your are selling it for the same amount, return it to apple.

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

sell it

sell it on ebay or craigs, you'll get about 450-550$ depending on where and type

10. NeshyD macrumors regular

NeshyD

If you're seriously considering selling: I'm very serious and interested in buying the 38mm blue watch!

11. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Exactly. Stick to local. Meet at a busy, visible public place and don't go alone.

12. tivoboy macrumors 68030

money

and BRING A CURRENCY PEN!..2$ at staples

13. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

I agree with selling it. Post the CL ad and see what you get for it. Meet in a public place with security cameras, and do the deed.

If you are not up for that, just return it to an Apple Store.

I was actually contacted last week by someone asking if my work was a "Craigslist Safe Zone?" I have never heard that before. She said police stations were announced as Safe Zones by I have no clue. You can go that route too.

14. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

15. ricktat macrumors 65816

Don't take a check unless it's a travelers check

16. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Make them turn their travelers checks into cash at a bank. THOSE can be stolen or faked.

17. tivoboy macrumors 68030

yeah

yeah, don't take a travelers check, since a bank won't cash it anyway..

take a cashiers check from a local bank only, or cash.