Sell the SIM or keep it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ARF900, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Im selling my iPhone 3g to a co worker, I want to know if its safe to leave the old SIM in when I give it to him. What information could he access? Is there anyway he could use it to charge my account? Right now the phone is blank, I wiped it from the settings, put the sim back in and connected it to my mac so I can get past the connect to itunes screen? Would the phone still be usable without jailbreak and no SIM for him to sync and use as long as he doesnt restore it?

Any info helps, thanks!

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I don't think there's any information he can access really. If he has some special technology and is able to break into the SIM then he can probably get your AT&T account number and telephone number but it won't do him any good. I know for sure he can't charge anything to your account. When a SIM is deactivated it can never be activated again. That SIM will never work ever again.

Yes, the phone will work just like an iPod touch without a SIM.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Probably not much he can do with it, but no reason to give it to him. Better be safe and sorry. Cut it in half and toss it. If he needs a sim, he can purchase a blank one for pretty cheap.