sell touch and get iphone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richardmu, Nov 10, 2011.

1. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I was disappointed the touch was not updated when the iphone 4s was released and feel it may never be. The guy I spoke to in the Apple store today was of the same opinion.

I am very tempted to sell the touch and get an iphone 4s. (New shiny gadget).

I am not particularly interested in the phone bits and have have previously bought a couple of touches as an iphone without the phone!

Forgetting the extra cost, is the iphone 4s a good replacement for the touch?

I reserved a 16gb white one last night then cancelled this morning after getting a load of hassle from the wife about the extra cost and the fact that I hardly ever use a mobile.

Please convince me/her it is a sensible choice.

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Well what iPod touch do you have currently?

3. richardmu thread starter macrumors 6502a

4th gen. Sold my 1st gen at a very good price when I bought it a little while ago.

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I think you should wait till next year to see what the next iPod touch will be. If your going to get an iPhone you should wait till next year because a lot of people are saying its going to be a major upgrade. The iPod touch 4 still performs excellent.

My opinion is wait till next year.

5. BrunoWill macrumors member

Actually I'd rather to get an iPad 3. I heard it will release in the early of next year with many major upgrade.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

listen to the wife ... if you hardly use a mobile ... the touch is still a good option

7. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

its the same thing with phone capabilities. I'd sell a Touch for an iPhone if you got the money though!

8. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

This is exactly what I did.

I ordered a 4S, and on the day it was to be delivered, sold my iPod Touch on craigslist.

I detest talking on the phone, but LOVE being able to stay connected no matter where I am. And I had planned to buy a new point & shoot camera, now I don't have to.

The phone itself is awesome; not head and shoulders above the Touch, but definitely a few degrees better.

Fortunately I don't have a wife I had to convince.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wait a minute your buying an iPhone even though you don't care about the phone part but because you are upset that the touch wasn't updated. What more could they add to the touch which will be worth upgrading anyway. Perhaps a camera or something, Siri wouldn't be worth it that much as it would need WiFi.

10. richardmu thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all the good advice.
    No, I wasn't upset that the touch did not get an update when the 4s was announced. I just love an excuse to buy new Apple kit so an updated touch would have been ideal.
    Not sure I can wait for the next ipad so an iphone 4s maybe the only way to get my hands on a new toy!!

11. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

get a iPod or a i computer.

12. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I did exactly that and as a UK person, with knowledge of tariffs and the like, I would say the 4S is worth every penny! Do it

13. richardmu thread starter macrumors 6502a

What carrier and tariff did you go with? I have a 3 Store 3gb for 3 months sim in my ipad. The choices for the iphone look huge and confusing.

I'm seeing 16gb white ones available at least one of my local Apple stores in Bristol most nights now just before the 9pm kickoff so I'm very tempted. They disappear within minutes whereas the 32 and 64gb ones stay available for quite some time.

£499 is pushing it with the wife so another £100 or two is definitely no chance!

14. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Keep the Touch

...and by a $300 pair of earbuds....

That way you get the utmost out of whatever gadget your end up with...