Sell touchpad to get ipad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by riveting, Oct 28, 2011.

1. riveting macrumors 6502

Is it worth it? I have a touchpad, I like it, it is very quick, used it a lot. However, it still lacks apps, especially to use it with a pen to take notes, and also, lacks some apps that is good for my 3 year daughter to use (she plays with iphone a lot).

Is that a good idea, the only thing I am worried about is that the speed of ipad 1 (as well as the ability to run future version of iOS) given it has only 256m ram.

2. hashholly macrumors 6502

Having owned both a touchpad and iPad 1/2 I would say yes go with the iPad. As nice as the touchpad the magic is with the apps. It's worth it to switch to the iPad 1.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I own the TP and iPad 1 and 2. I really like the TP, but as you said, the limited apps is what kills it. You simply can't beat iOS in terms of quality apps.

That said, the iPad is reaching it's end of shelf life. In less than 6 months it will be two generations behind and developers will be building their apps to take advantage of faster CPU and better GPU. Less and less apps will operate well on the original iPad.

Why not sell your TP and put the money towards an ipad2? That's what I would do in your shoes.