Price Advice Selling 13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thetechfixer, Jun 14, 2014.

1. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Hi, I am thinking of selling my Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro in favour of a 15" Retina MacBook Pro since I need a bit more power. Now I have owned this MacBook since new and it functions perfectly. The condition is also quite good it does have a few scratches, mostly on the bottom of the computer but is overall in good/great condition. I am not quite sure what to price this at, No need to tell me to check Mac2Sell and eBay/Craigslist since I already have. Mac2Sell quoted my MacBook at $790, while eBay was at around $750 ish. I did however upgrade the laptop and do have a few extra accessories as well. Below are the specs of the computer and the extra accessories.

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 Model
    2.3GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
    8GB of 1333MHz RAM
    320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Accessories:
    Speck See Thru Case
    Generic Black eBay Case
    Rearth Verco Keyboard Protector
    2x Generic eBay Keyboard Protectors
    eBay Keyboard and Palm Rest Protector
    Spare Apple Authentic Charger with Original Box and Warranty. (Only a Few months old)

Other Items:
    Original Box
    Manuals
    Cleaning Cloth
    Apple Stickers
    Original Plastic
    Original Charger
    Original OS and iLife CD's

Hopefully one of you guys can try to find a Good Price for the computer, since I do not want to price is too high so no one purchases it or too low that I end up being ripped off.

Thank you :)

2. charlyham macrumors regular

charlyham

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

$700-800 seems about right. The extras you have will only make it sell faster. When I bought 3 used MBP's last year, it was the machine itself that was the key point. What condition it was in, did it have warranty left and the specs.

Some people will just throw the extras to the side and never use them. Or may want to customize it to their liking, which again makes the extras not worth much. You might be able to get a bit more if you sell it locally and are willing to wait a bit for it to sell.

4. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

Early 2011 2.3 models are averaging $600-650 in eBay sold listings in the US; the ones above that average typically have warranty (either through an established seller or through Applecare) which adds significantly to their value.

I just wrote that the problem with the Early 2011 13" MBPs is twofold: First, there are a lot of Mid-2012 models in the $700+ price range, and they offer real value with significantly improved graphics and by having USB3. Second, they're not retinas, and a lot of people are in the same boat you're in - so there's a lot of machines like yours on the market. For example, there's a Mid-2012 in the Marketplace here with 16 GB of RAM, box, etc., for $749 shipped. No offense, but someone would be nuts to get your machine over that one.

If you want to maximize what you get for it, you're better off piecing out the accessories, since most people won't care - they're looking at the machine itself. So you should be able to get $50 or so for the extra Magsafe charger, and at least something for the other bits you have.

5. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

For comparison's sake, the refurb store has a mid 2012 unit with a 2.5GHz Dual-core i5, with 4GB of memory and a 500GB HDD for $999, with full warranty, so take that into consideration.

6. geta macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the hijack, didnt want to open new thread for the same subject, but im wondering how much i can get (in Euro) for my 2009 13" MBP 2.53 GHz C2D, 8GB, 256 SSD + 500GB 7200rpm HDD (optibay) ?

7. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

£625 at a push.

8. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

In the US, that's about a $450 machine, give or take. No idea what it is worth there.