Selling 2015 12" MacBook - Precautions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Trogdor796, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Trogdor796 macrumors regular

Trogdor796

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

So I have a 2015 12" MacBook, and am selling it tonight to someone craigslist. I owned it since they launched, and loved it. I am switching to a 10.5" iPad Pro though, so I can't justify owning both.

Anyways, I followed the guide here on what to do when selling your Mac. I went through it, logged out of/deauthorized iTunes, disabled Find My Mac, and logged out of iCloud and iMessage. Next, I followed the link at the bottom of that page to start from MacOS recovery, erased my startup disk, and reinstalled the latest version of MacOS compatible with my MacBook. It mentioned that "To verify eligibility to install macOS, your Mac serial number is sent to Apple, and you might be asked for your Apple ID". It never prompted me for my iCloud login/Apple ID during the process of erasing the startup disk on reinstalling MacOS.

The MacBook now boots to the welcome screen with the country selection. I shut down the MacBook at this point.

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm more of a Windows and iOS guy, so not very familiar with reinstalling MacOS (this is the first time I've done it).

Thanks!

2. konradsa macrumors regular

No, think you are good, it's ready to be sold.