Selling 3G, giving away 3Gs, getting iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohla313, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

So this is kind of long and maybe hard to understand so..My dad has the 3G and I the 3Gs. My dad at first planned to give his 3G to my sister but I told him we should sell his 3G so my sis can take my 3Gs which would work better. The 3G sucks with iOS4 so my sis getting the 3Gs is a better decision. I plan to use the money from the 3G for the 4.

My dad is reverting to his old flip phone because he finds the iPhone too sensitive for him to use. So would we run into any problems having my dad remove his iPhone data plan from his number, adding an iPhone data account to my sister's number, and me staying with an iPhone? We are basically playing musical chairs and keeping everything the same. Still two iPhones on the account but moved around. We are on a family plan btw. I hope this made sense..

Also, what do I need to do before I sell the 3G?

Thanks for your input everyone

2. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Go into an AT&T store and explain it to them. I have made a similar swap and they were very helpful.

Before you sell your phone, do an erase all content and settings. Then remove your sim card.

3. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Well the problem is that my sister won't be getting the phone until August so until that time, I will be the only iPhone user on the family plan. Since I will be selling the 3G and my dad going to his flip, mine 3Gs will remain unused. I hope this doesn't interfere anything?

And after I erase the content and settings, will the SIM card remain intact with all contacts and such? Like after I do the erase I can put the SIM in the flip phone and it'll work right away?

4. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

can anyone please help me?? I really need to get this ready to sell.