selling 3gs now or on the 24th? options...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Siciliano611, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Siciliano611 macrumors regular

So I have a 3gs now and figure I would get more money for it now than waiting til everyone puts theirs on ebay right after they pickup their iphone4 on the 24th. My question is, for the 2 weeks between phones, what would be the best option to use my phone number til i get my iphone4? I don't have an old AT&T phone currently to use as a backup....

2. christyn macrumors 6502a

I've already listed mine on eBay and am going to pick up a cheap pay as you phone and put my sim in till the 24th.

3. Siciliano611 thread starter macrumors regular

Christy, doesnt that change your rate plan though? I want to keep the same plan if I can through those 2 weeks.....so that it just resumes on the 24th...

4. Siciliano611 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

It doesn't change anything as long you don't cancel the plan and continue paying for it.

6. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Ya, I sold mine a week ago and just swapped SIM's into a dumbphone for the next two weeks.

It doesnt change your plan or affect it in any way. You still have your unlimited data plan listed on your account. Your allowed to swap SIM's if you need to use a different phone at anytime, not just if your selling it. Many people do this.

7. cgrier macrumors member

The wife and I already sold ours last week. We are getting by on some cheap nokia GO phones for now. Well worth it considering we got $520 together between my 16gb 3g and her 8gb 3g.

Good luck.

8. Siciliano611 thread starter macrumors regular

whats my cheapest option in terms of a nokia go phone or just a cheap replacement that can also do text....

9. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

With the higher ETF, the turn and burn of the old days with iPhones isn't going to take place. You should still get top dollar for your iPhone after the launch of iPhone 4.

I'm thinking iPhone 4(s) will go for roughly $900, making your $400-500 3GS a deal.

Thought process:
    $299 - discounted iPhone 32 GB
    $325 - early termination fee
    $100 - first month of charges and fees (rounded, different for everyone)

So you're at $724, $900 on eBay sounds very likely. There can easily be other fees and taxes that put the sellers cost at or over $800.

10. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

In the past I have always sold the phone and generally paid for the new one. The hardest part is the in-between. I am curious as to when the best TIME to sell is. I kinda think before yesterday would have been better? No?