Selling 3GS: Update to iOS4 tomorrow or Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vin365, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Vin365 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    #1
    So I am really excited for iOS4 and don't know if I will be able to stop myself from updating tmrw lol. But since I AM selling it as soon as I get my iPhone 4, I want to try and sell it for as much as I can. It is in fair condition with a few scratches on the back so I am aiming for 200-250. Now would the price make a dif. if I jailbreak or update it tomorrow to iOS4? If so about how much?
     
  2. masterlimp macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2010
    #2
    The value would go down considerably as you would lose your unlock. That being said, I would sell it with 3.1.3 with whatever baseband you have. It is high likely they will have an unlock available very soon after the release of iPhone 4.
     
  3. Vin365 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    #3
    Would it be possible to downgrade from 4.0 if I update tomorrow, and before I sell it downgrade to 3.1.3(then jailbreak if there isn't a 4.0 jailbreak yet..)
     
  4. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2009
    #4
    Just wait 4 days till the iPhone 4 comes out. iOS4 will be that much cooler coming with your brand new phone.
     
  5. tatyiona macrumors regular

    tatyiona

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Location:
    cleveland, ohio
  6. cmwall macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    #6
  7. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

    Simgar988

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Location:
    UYBAATC
    #7
    Wait homie. I am... Gotta have the whole "4" experience
     
  8. phrint macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Location:
    Ohio
    #8
    If you're on 3.1.3 then there is no unlock with the jailbreak. The most valuable 3GS is one on 3.1.2 and is unlocked. That gets the attention of T-Mobile customers.
     
  9. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2009
    Location:
    DFW
    #9
    Because I upgraded to 3.1.3, I'm waiting until the baseband 05.12.01 unlock is available, then I'm going to unlock and jailbreak my 3GS before selling it. Not worth it otherwise IMO.

    Dev Team claims they will be releasing tools to unlock not only 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01, but also iOS 4 sometime after the iOS 4 release this coming week.
     

Share This Page