Selling a 17" pb for a 20" imac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kubrus, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. kubrus macrumors newbie

    Jun 13, 2005
    Hey guys,

    I've been browsing this board for a while now, finally bit the bullet and decided to post my predicament. I've got a 2 year old 1ghz 17" powerbook which has served me pretty well in all my video and photoshop apps. However, given the intel thing and all i am thinking of getting an imac g5 2ghz, which could last me another 2 years until a decent intel powermac hits the market.

    Also, I just graduated college and i'm still eligible for the 100 dollar rebate + edu discount at least for a little while longer. My laptop sells for about the price of the imac on ebay, and I don't need the portability as much as i used to (except for the occasional trip every now and then). What do you guys think? Stick with the pb, or go for the imac?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    You'll notice a substantial speed increase over the PowerBook but you need to weigh up whether you want that over the current portability of a laptop. It can be hard giving up such a cool convenience but I'd go for the imac personally. They're very cool machines at the moment.

Share This Page