Selling a 24" imac help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MattSepeta, Jul 7, 2011.

1. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Not sure if this is the correct subforum, so mods feel free to relocate!!

I am having a heck of a time finding a buy for my 24" 2.4ghz C2D imac!

Specs: 24" 2.4ghz c2d, 6gb ram (max), 90gb ocz agility 2 SSD (replaced the HDD).

I am selling it with the original box as well as two external hard drives, 1 1.5tb iomega and a 1tb seagate.

I priced it at $1050 and got a few inquiries, no takers. Reposted on CL for $950 and have had absolutely no inquiries. How much cheaper should I go??

What would you buy it for? I need to sell this ASAP, I am waiting to buy my new iMac until I have a rock solid buyer lined up.

2. The-Pro macrumors 65816

where have u posted it??

Well i think thats one hell of a good deal, if i would need a mac, id get it straight away for that price. I dont think you should make it any cheaper than that.
    List the original prices of everything aswell so that people know how much cheaper they are getting it. I know that helps on ebay sometimes.
    iMac=
    SSD=
    #1 HDD=
    #2 HDD=

3. MattSepeta thread starter macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

I thought it is a heck of a deal as well!!!

I there a reliable site that lists past retail prices for macs?

When I plugged in the setup to Gazelle.com (Excluding the SSd, I counted it as a 1TB HDD instead) it listed it at $875 if I recall correctly. I figured street value face-to-face would be worth a few hundred more than what a reseller would give me?

----I am listing it on Craigslist. I have sold countless electronic devices on craigslist and have never had this much trouble finding a buyer!

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Hey Matt, Look up refurb iMac prices, and price accordingly.
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

List software. List if you have the original box / disks. List condition.

Perhaps remove SSD, sell separately. if difficult to put in, describe time required to put in (or offer HD install for buyer).

5. MattSepeta thread starter macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Refurb no longer lists my "ancient" 24"!!! I really want to find a source showing the original retail value, but I can't for the life of me find one.

I have listed the SSD and RAM upgrade values seperately before and it did not seem to work.

:mad:

Thinking of just biting the bullet and buying the new one!!

6. simsaladimbamba

7. MattSepeta thread starter macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Thankyou
    Thankyou
    Thankyou
    Thankyou

:D

8. simsaladimbamba

That is worth one beating.

(teasing)

9. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Well on ebay you can check for how much a machine like yours was sold in the past. Ebay displays every item from the past month!
    Look at these listings:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iMac-Inte...le_Desktops&hash=item3f0b83b1d8#ht_2956wt_935
    If you now add in the price of the SSD, and the 2 external harddrives each around 100$!?
    Then id say a price point between 850 and 1000 is a very good deal!

This link is for all completed listings of the 24" iMac of the past month on ebay

10. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

One year ago or so I sold a stock 20" iMac on craigslist for $850 pretty easily but I was living in a college town. It's going to all depend on your local market and the valuation people place on a SSD. Some may see your specs and think: "man, only 90GB? I can't store all my music on there", or "this thing is old", or, if you were me, "yikes, this guy took apart his iMac to stick a tiny SSD in there" :eek:.

Good luck though. Maybe try ebay to reach a bigger audience.

11. malman89 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I think your every day or common consumer is going to see that HD size as puny and would be harder to convince them the performance is so worth it. While externals aren't complicated, they sure aren't as convenient for a good amount of people.