Selling a car on eBay - experiences, tips and so on.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BoyBach, Jul 12, 2007.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I will be putting my car up for sale very soon and will be using the local classified ads. However, I'm also considering using eBay.

Has anybody had any experiences with eBay? Any advice or tips will be gratefully received.

Cheers.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

I used ebay to sell my Alfa.

It cost about £11 for a 10 day auction with buy now and a reserve.

The only payment option I used was Cash on collection.

Tips.

Lots of good photos, I had:
    3/4 views from all 4 corners
    Front
    Rear
    Engine
    Front interior
    Back Interior
    Boot

3. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I found my car on eBay. I did't buy it through eBay though.

Anyways, when looking for cars I found that lots of pictures are a must. When people are looking at cars knowing what they are buying, especially such a valuable item, is important. I would note and photograph all major flaws. Also in your description I would be as detailed as possible, and as honest as possible. Make sure you are as acurate as possible too. In some descriptions of cars with lots of !!! and CAPS makes it seem like they are really pushing the car upon you. Going above and beyond saying how amazing the car I find is very "pushy", though it is important to say good things about the car, as long as they make sense. I read a description for a Land Rover Discovery that said it had amazing acceleration and handling- yea 0-60 in 11.2 is "amazing".

I dunno, those are just some points that I would like to see when buying a car online.